various events 2009 - 2014
audiovisual light sculpture and installation
Sydney Festival, Port Festival, Adelaide Fringe Festival, Northbridge Innovation Festival
Sydney, Adelaide, Perth
PROMISE was an audiovisual light sculpture and installation, as beautiful by day as by night.
PROMISE was inspired by the emotion of departure and loss. In days of old, when a voyager left, who could know if or when they would return, it might be months or years before there could be news of them. It evokes the promises made before voyages or journeys, such as “I will return for you”, “I will never love another” and “we will be together”.
Audiovisual projection and light at night enhance the structure with a story of commitment and bereavement, honouring the whimsical, tragic and romantic. Promise fuses bride, ship, and lighthouse, with yearning for someone far away. Projection of imagery onto the Promise sculptures passes through the layered screens, spilling onto the neighbouring environment, creating reflections and shadows of the images and the lace structures.
Promise was presented at Sydney Festival in 2008, Port Festival 2009, Adelaide Fringe and at Northbridge Innovation Festival 2013 in Perth. The twin six metre high structures were composed of steel, fibreglass, deconstructed wedding dresses and lace, brought to life with a sound and projection show at night.
- Cindi Drennan Sculpture / AV Design
- Samantha Ray Soundscape
- Craig Laurendet Structure and Logistics
- Kirsten Bradley Contributor to moving image
- Tom Ntum Soundscape
- Trilby Temperley Soundscape
- Jo Fife Textile Artist
- Sam Chamberlain Installation
- Kevin Wedding Structure
- Port Festival Crew Installation
- Sydney Festival and the First Night Team Installation
- Fiona Pride, Andy Stewart Production Management
- Century Yuasa Batteries Sponsorship
- Alien Proof Construction Structure
- Brett McLoughlin Power Engineer
- Irina Rheyktman Work of art
- Terra Reecke Installation
- Sally Dare Installation