The Cathedral College and partners
Architectural Projection, Christmas Projection
St Josephs Cathedral, Rockhampton Queensland
17-23 December 2017, 2018
Illuminart was commissioned to create a week long Christmas projection for the St Joseph’s Cathedral, a beautiful Australian Gothic Cathedral in Rockhampton Queensland. The free public event was held from 17 to 23 December and was attended by thousands from the area.
The beautiful production was recognised by a national award for Best Small Event at the Australian Event Awards in October 2018.
The 20-minute show featured two parts – the first an eight-minute animation from the perennial Christmas favourite, The Nutcracker, and the second 14 Christmas-themed slides that fill every corner of the magnificent cathedral.
We have one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the country and we really wanted to make it a focal part of Christmas. Our show could not be projected onto any other building because it is designed specifically for the cathedral. It's incredible just how intricate the procedure is. We're very impressed with what illuminart has produced.Rob Alexander, Principal, The Cathedral College
- Cindi Drennan Artistic Director
- Vent Thomas Business Development Manager
- Craig Laurendet Projection Mapping Specialist, Installation Architect
- Craig Williams and Mosaic AV team Audiovisual Equipment Partners
- Steve Tilling, Mark Oakley Technical Managers on site
- Aaron Nunn Project Manager, The Cathedral College
- Andy Petrusevics Lead artist
- Danny Stanley (Avon Garde) Background art
- Trilby Temperly Sound designer
- Stu Nankivell Design support