Deniliquin Town Hall Grand Re-Opening

The Deniliquin Town Hall has experienced a grand reopening in style with a whole host of activities including a free projection light show, presented by Edward River Council and illuminart.

The opening weekend dance shows were a treat through the weekend of Friday 24th March, while the light projections run right through to the 10th April on the exterior of the beautiful building.

The nightly activation featured many images of historic events and functions which occurred at the Town hall throughout the years.

Did you know that the Deniliquin Town Hall opened in 1876 along with a clockless tower? Later, in 1904 Captain George Landale donated the clock to the community of Deniliquin.  The building initially housed just the Council Chambers and Staff Offices.

In 1928, after much debate, a large, rather extravagantly decorated hall with a central glass segmented dome in the ceiling was constructed adjoining the original building. The hall was very popular for social functions as well as being a picture theatre for many years.

The nightly illumination featured photos, articles and ephemera from events held during the many decades of the building’s story. 

The Deniliquin Town Hall is located at 170 Cressy Street, Deniliquin NSW 2710

“Energising End Street Pilot Project – Rebuilding and Reconnecting” :  This project is an initiative of Edward River Council proudly funded through NSW State Government Department of Planning and Environment, Streets as Shared Spaces program.

It was such a great show and the lighting projection was the perfect complement.

Ellen Hay ~ Edward River Council