Harts Mill Inhabited was a narrative about the story of Hart’s Mill, told through animation mapped to the architectural features of the five story building. Presented over three nights of the Port Festival 2009, it was South Australia’s first fully animated building son et lumiere incorporating narrative projection.
Harts Mill Inhabited was restaged in May 2014 at the new Harts Mill public park.
The story is told as though through the eyes and experiences of the Harts Mill itself, as if it is a character of many years’ knowledge telling the younger buildings on the western shore of the Port River, what it has seen and may yet see. Illuminart developed the story through consultation with local groups and interested residents of Port Adelaide.
"Magnificent ... a triumph of the Port Festival ..... a remarkable piece of work by Illuminart."Derek Rogers
Visit the Port Festival Gallery: https://www.portenf.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=1766
- Cindi Drennan, Writer / Director / Animator
- Emma Webb, Creative Producer
- Danica Wells-Heitmann, Animator
- Lou Bennet, Composer
- Kathryn Sproul, Site Manager / Costume Designer
- Margaret Crompton, Production Manager
- Craig Williams (Mosaic AV) and team, AV Installation
- Tsubi Du, Ship's Ghost
- Juniper , Ship's Ghost
- Kingsley Haskett, Face of the Mill