Copper Coast Council
Wallaroo, South Australia
Launched December 2020, Plays nightly
The Wallaroo Silo Light Show plays just after sunset to showcase South Australia’s Copper Coast – celebrating our unique history, events and local artists.
Start time and content changes throughout the year according to theme and sunset time. To find out times and details visit: https://visitcoppercoast.com.au/wallaroosilolightshow
This permanent projection launched in 2020, becoming South Australia’s third permanent Silo Art projection installation and it continues to operate nightly. For the inaugural show, community in Copper Coast region were invited to contribute images and photos to bring the Silo to life in a display of ‘Copper Coast through our eyes’. The community and council have continued to create locally themed slide animations representing local themes and events; these are added to on special events with animation from the illuminart team, celebrating special events like Kernewek Lowender, Masters Games, and so on.
The success of the Travelling Light Show illuminating the Wallaroo Silos in August 2019, led to Copper Coast Council deciding to install a permanent installation, to run every night with projection of local artwork and photographs. It launched on the 9th of December 2020 initially with streaming audio, and later adding localised FM. The silo is uniquely placed up on a hill and is an iconic landmark that is often enjoyed by parked cars tuning in with FM to enjoy the show. There are two excellent viewing locations, park at either and watch the show while tuning in on FM radio!
- Craig Laurendet Technical Director
- Verity Brookes Project Coordinator
- Cindi Drennan Projection Designer, and Creative Director (Launch Show)
- Andy McIntyre Technical Project Manager (Assistant)
- Zero Animation Pickups (Launch Show)
- Andy Petrusevics Animator and Designer (Launch Show)
- Susanne Wegener Image research and Character animation (Launch Show)
- Copper Coast Council Events Team Project Advisors (Launch Show)
- Nharangga Aboriginal Progress Association Inc Project Advisors (Launch Show)
- Wallaroo Heritage & Nautical Museum Project Advisors (Launch Show)