On 15th September 2017, an exciting show combining animated storytelling projections and synchronised fireworks unfolded before a crowd of excited Exmouth residents, guests and tourists, interweaving the stories of the History of the Northwest Cape and Exmouth, local Community and lifestyle, Natural Environment; Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range.
The Town of Exmouth and the Harold E Holt Naval Communication Station were officially opened 50 years ago, on 16 September 1967. Exmouth has seen many changes since then, and one of the biggest and most recent milestones in its relatively short history will be the opening of the new Ningaloo Centre in 2017. Combined, these two occasions have provided a the perfect reason for celebrating the past, present and future of Exmouth and its community.
Illuminart have created and directed the show, collaborating with West Coast Fireworks to incorporate fireworks into key elements of it. Equipment and tech support were provided by Mosaic AV (Adelaide SA) and Signature Music (Karratha WA). The production was produced and presented by the Shire of Exmouth with input and contributions from many local residents.
Young residents Mim Strom and Riley Watts were voices of the two emus, with other locals providing voices for many other parts. Artwork was contributed by local artist Teressa Miller, and many residents contributed photographs for the flip calendar that appeared throughout the show.
The building used for the projections was the new Ningaloo Centre being officially opened to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Exmouth township.
Illuminart previously worked in Exmouth to project onto the Vlaming Head Lighthouse for its centenary celebrations.
- Cindi Drennan Artistic Director / Projection Designer
- Zero Master Compositor / Music
- Andy Petrusevics Animator / Sound and Music
- Stu Nankivell Emus Character Designer and Animator
- Aaron Welch Animator / Studio Manager
- Ashleigh Eltoft Graphic Designer
- Vaughan Farrar 3 D Animator
- Nisa Schebella Mentee Animator + Voice Over
- James Cutfield Signature Music, Production and Sound Support
- Marty Hopkins, Hayden Wackerman Mosaic AV installation crew
- Teressa and Boris Miller Local collaborator and contributing artist
- Jeni King local collaborator
- Samantha Ray Researcher, Soundscape artist
- Jaci Cutler Shire of Exmouth, Event Manager
- Luku Kuku Early development
- Alpana Singh Graphic Support
- Doug Bathgate and family local stories and photos
- Archie Isherwood Contributors
- Russell Levien Contributors
- Leonie McLeod Contributors
- Mandy and Peter Maier Contributors
- Peter Firth Contributors
- Holly Winkle Contributors
- Darrell and Ronda Spicer Contributors
- Jeni and Matt Gates Contributors
- Amy Wegerhof Contributors
- Baiyungu Aboriginal Corporation Inc Contributors
- Exmouth High School Students Contributors
- Teressa & Steve Miller Local collaborator and contributing artists
- Mim Strom & Kal Fitzgerald Contributors