Shire of Exmouth, WA
Architectural Storytelling, Architectural Projection
Exmouth, Western Australia
‘Lighthearted’ was created to celebrate the Centenary of the Vlamingh Head Lighthouse in remote WA Exmouth. The mapped “architectural storytelling” projection light show onto the historic lighthouse was a feature of the local community celebrations.
The 29 minute projection show featured animated interpretations of the history of the area, based on heritage research and consultation with community members and shire staff. Comic storytelling were interwoven with artwork and cultural material from local community members and artists to create a show with something for everyone.
The project involved 3d templating offsite, based on blueprints, diagrams and photographic surveys of the building, and then final mapping on site using rapid-mapping techniques. High powered projection equipment from Mosaic AV was shipped in for the show which was presented on 9th December 2o12.
…they’re using REAL magic!!!!5 year old in the audience
- Cindi Drennan Co-Director / Compositor
- Luku Kukuku Co-Director / Animator
- Craig Laurendet Production Manager
- Trevor Collict Voice of the Lighthouse Keeper
- Julz Strykowki Voice of the Mermaid / Lighthouse Keepers Wife
- Aaron Welch (Red Bird Creative) Blueprint Plans Animation
- Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Music
- Jaci Cutler (Exmouth) Event Management
- Ann Preest (Exmouth) Cultural Advice
- Teressa Miller (Exmouth) Artist
- Jeremy Garlett Didjeridoo / Story
- Leone Ferrier Artist
- Mark Bell Artist