Hills Shire & GPT Group
Projection Sculpture / Luminous inflatable artwork
Rouse Hill Town Centre
Illuminart were commissioned to “Light up the Hills” for Christmas 2017 at the Rouse Hill Town Centre. To engage the local community we ran workshops throughout November, where local kids drew and painted their own ‘Christmas masterpiece’.
These were animated and shown in displays on giant gift boxes inside the Centre, and during the nightly AirLume shows.
AirLume is a giant air and light filled sculpture created by illuminart and Solidair, which made its debut at the Hills Illuminate event to much curiosity and surprise. Imposing its grand and luminous personality on young and old alike, it became a playful space that came to life with the stunning artwork, illustrations and fantasy lands imagined by local children.
Every night families gathered to watch these shows projected onto AirLume, accompanied by interactive playful activities with Lumifonica, a visual music instrument, and joyful illuminated hula and interactive displays by performers. Children delighted in the illuminations and soundscapes, running and playing among the arched openings formed by AirLume’s curving spaces.
- Craig Laurendet Concept designer / installation architect
- Cindi Drennan Artistic Director
- Vent Thomas Business Manager
- Verity Brookes Performer and Artist Coordinator
- Andy McIntyre Production Manager
- Sarah Harvie and SolidAir Team Australian Inflatable Design & Fabrication
- Andrew Geleo and KFM Team Audiovisual support team
- Andy Newman Inflatables Master on site
- Zero Lumifonica Manager
- Andy Petrusevics Audiovisual art
- Aaron Welch, Stu Nankivell Animators
- Trilby Temperly Composer
- Rain Drennan-King Artist
- Deborah Turnbull Tillman Lumifonica Operator
- Trevor Collict Lumifonica Operator