Invitation to contribute photos for the Whyalla 50 year celebration – Entry
Enter your images by 5pm, Wednesday 15 July 2020.
Media we are looking for:
- Photos (up to 3 images per theme)
- Digital Video (no bigger than 25MB)
- Words (not too much, just a paragraph or a poem)
- Art/drawings (up to 3 images per theme)
We would like to not miss a thing when it comes to our city and its history!
The themes listed below will hopefully inspire you with ideas.
Council history – Past Councillors and Mayors for the city, major infrastructure changes (i.e. roads, roundabouts, etc.), airport.
Historical buildings – Maritime museum, Whyalla Child Care Centre, Libraries (old and new), Leisure/Recreational Centre, Middleback Arts Centre, Council building, town centre, Surf Lifesaving, Foreshore Café.
Family fun/events – Whyalla Pageant, New Year’s Eve street party, Halloween, Australia Day, Proclamation Day, etc.
Playgrounds and outdoors – Ada Ryan Gardens, Foreshore, marina, old outdoor pool, slide, Wilson Park, Norton (McRitchie Crescent) Park, Wetlands, Cemetery.
You can submit a maximum of 3 images per theme but we cannot guarantee all images can be included in the final projection work.
Make sure you give all your images a filename that includes your own name so we can identify you. E.g. Johnsmith1.jpg, Johnsmith2.jpg, etc.
The form offers options for you to:
- Upload multiple images (up to 25MB per image)
- Upload various file types.
- Write captions or descriptions or tell us how you want to be credited in name/text for the images