Queenstown Heritage Arts Festival 2014
Architectural Storytelling, Interactive Projection
10th and 11th October 2014
Undercurrents featured the Empire Hotel as the centrepiece of a series of projection artworks that evoke and celebrate the mechanisms of Hydro Power generation, and stories of Lake Margaret Village.
This coincided with the centenary of the Lake Margaret Power Station, commemorated at the Queenstown Heritage Arts Festival in October 2014.
A highlight of Undercurrents was an interactive audiovisual instrument, using the facade of the building as a playable space for the audience to trigger and play music based on the sounds of Hydro electric power generation.
This project was made possible through the support of Festivals Australia, Setori Engineering, and QHAF.
- Cindi Drennan Team Leader
- Luku Kukuku Creative director / programmer
- Craig Laurendet Technical director / programmer
- Samantha Ray Audio arrangement
- Travis Tiddy Festival Director
- Michael Bullock Festival Production Management
- Zero Animation production