St Marys, Western Sydney, Online
The GeriActivists are a bunch of forward looking, tech savvy seniors who imagine what life might be like fifty years from now. They are St Marys locals who have been working together with illuminart to help them harness Virtual Reality technology and visualise Queen Street in the future.
During 2017- 2018, illuminart collaborated with with diverse groups of senior people in St Marys, NSW. Each community group, supported by artists and technicians, chose a significant location, devised a script, created a storyboard and then recorded their performance in 360°. The recorded performances, combined with animation and spatial audio, become an immersive VR experience, which transmit important community-devised narratives to future generations.
The completed performances / future visions are being presented and toured aboard a specially constructed VR Kiosk.
- Cindi Drennan Company Director
- David Ryan Creative Producer
- Verity Brookes Creative Producer
- Andy Petrusevics Community Futuring Artwork
- Zero 360 degree animation
- Craig Laurendet Installation Architect
- Joe Ibbitson Community Collaborator
- Martha Siede Community Collaborator / Artist
- Peter Gonzalez Community Collaborator / Artist
- Leanne Tobin Community Collaborator / Artist
- Members of the St Marys Community Participating residents
- Pete Berthet (Falls Productions) 360 degree Camera / Post Production
- Trevor Collict Performers Aide on Site
- KFM Media 360 degree Sound Support
In the Media
Project ID # 1102Project Type: