Sydney Living Museums
Museum of Sydney
Step into the immersive Enchanted valley in the Paradise on Earth exhibition at the Museum of Sydney. Created by illuminart and the Sydney Living Museums exhibition team, Enchanted Valley is a digital reimagining of Castlecrag’s Haven Amphitheatre that captures the colour, textures and changing moods of the Australian bushland, interpreting the artwork of Marion Mahoney Griffin in an immersive environment.
Paradise on Earth is open at the Museum of Sydney until Sunday 18 April 2021. The enchanted valley is included with general museum admission. Members and children under 5 years enjoy free museum entry.
Museum of Sydney web page: (bookings and more info)
Enchanted Valley is part of SLM’s 2020 program in the Paradise on Earth exhibition, which celebrates the impact of Marion Mahony Griffin – her lifelong connection to community, nature and the environment along with her inspired ideas for utopian residential living realised in the suburb of Castlecrag. Paradise on Earth will be presented through dramatic installations and a selection of Marion’s drawings and writings, as well as objects, photos and a newly commissioned film project.
Illuminart has worked with the Museum curators to develop ‘Enchanted Valley’, interpreting the artwork and voice of Marion Mahoney Griffin into an immersive installation.
- Kieran Larking (Sydney Living Museums) Exhibition Designer
- Jacqui Newling (Sydney Living Museums) Senior Curator
- Cindi Drennan Media Producer
- Craig Laurendet Technical Director (Projection, Interactives)
- Verity Brookes Project Coordinator
- Zero Shaw Animator & Compositor
- Andy McIntyre Technical Project Manager
- Alice Peacock Animator
- John Simpson Foley Artist
- Adam Katz Interactive Programming
- Michael Van Der Linden Interactive Device Support
- Anne-Louise Falson (Sydney Living Museums) Installation Elements
- Tom Hetheridge Technical Support