Museum of History NSW
Warrane (Sydney Cove), Museum of Sydney
Launched May 2023, plays every day during opening hours
On your next visit through Gadigal Country, in the area known as Warrane (Sydney Cove) you can now visit a permanent projection that has transformed the entry foyer of the Museum of Sydney. The dynamic animated feature projection utilises an original and rare surviving fragment of the 1788 façade from the very first Government House as the artistic canvas.
Illuminart consulted with the Museum’s curatorial team to collectively discuss the opportunities for interesting and authentic stories that could be represented in this feature. We also worked with their technical partners to detail and integrate the technical specifications into the project.
We then developed the work with the museums curators and designers, matching the interpretation of the stories with the assets, mapping historic and contemporary images, text, and animation onto the original architectural fragment.
The unique educational work is helping to bring the deeper stories and significance of the site to life in bold colours that highlight the architectural features.
#permanentprojection #EpsonAmbassador #gadigalcountry
- Alice Peacock Art Director / Animator
- Craig Laurendet Projection Mapping
- Cindi Drennan Projection Designer
- Anne-Louise Falson Graphic Design / Animation, Museum of Sydney
- Jacqui Newling, Museum of Sydney Curator
- Anna Cossu, Museum of Sydney Lead Curator
- Ivan Smith, Datascene Hardware Installation / Rigging
Project ID # 1322Project Type: