SA Maritime Museum
Interactive heritage displays
SA Maritime Museum, Lipson Street Port Adelaide
2014 - 2019
The South Australian Maritime Museum’s exhibition Living in the Port is about the people, places and events that have shaped Port Adelaide’s identity.
Illuminart has created two interactive displays for the exhibition. The first is a compilation of stories about Port Adelaide through the eyes of the local Aboriginal community. The themes and ideas have been developed in consultation with Aboriginal residents of the area, supported by elders, Taoundi College and the Port Adelaide Enfield Council.
The second display features an interactive map showing the location and era of historic artefacts with a time machine navigation.
Each of these interactive displays has been designed and built with an international audience in mind, with a strong expression of and relationship with the community of Port Adelaide. It was launched in mid 2014.
Reference: Pathways and Protocols: A film makers guide to working with Indigenous People culture and concepts by Screen Australia.
- Cindi Drennan Project Leader / Community Liaison
- Samantha Yates Kaurna Consultation Support
- Klynton Wanganeen Kaurna Consultation Support
- Emily Jateff SA Maritime Museum Curator
- Adam Paterson SA Maritime Museum Curator
- Lindl Lawton SA Maritime Museum Senior Curator
- Luku Kukuku Interactive Media Developer
- Craig Laurendet Installation Support
- Steve Tilling Installation Support
- Zero Editing
- Brandon Chee Interactive Programmer