Created 2013. Tour 2014-current
Interactive Textile Installation
Touring installation. Next showing: Cuttlefest 2019 (Whyalla SA)
The Interactive Quilt is a gorgeous illuminated wall panel produced by illuminart and supported by Country Arts SA.
Inspired by the traditional sampler quilts made by patchwork afficionados around the world, it takes the old method a big leap forward by the additions of sensors, and LEDs illuminating the fabrics, to provide quirky luminous responses when the interactive panels are touched.
The artwork was made through a workshop process, as South Australian textile artists responded to the callout, joining electronics maker and presenter Trevor Collict to learn how to embed lights and devices into textiles.
Each participant designed their own piece from a selection of similar themed fabrics, soldered their electronics and developed a program concept for the lights. Workshops were held in Quorn, Murray Bridge, Mount Gambier and Port Adelaide over a four month period.
The Quilt was completed in 2013 and has been exhibited in Adelaide Fringe, South Australian Living Artists festival, and is available for exhibition.
- Cindi Drennan Creative Producer & Textile Artist
- Trevor Collict Electronics Designer and Trainer
- Craig Laurendet Technical Producer
- Helen Burt Textile Artist
- Terena Johnson Textile Artist
- Kathryn Sproul Textile Artist
- Joann Fife Textile Artist
- Ruth Tulloch Textile Artist
- Evelyn Roth Textile Artist
- Adam Murakami Textile Artist
- Lou Myers Textile Artist
- Bev Frensham Textile Artist
- Vanessa Romeo Textile Artist
- Danica Gacesa Mclean Textile Artist
- Seana O'Brien Textile Artist
- Linda Kennedy Textile Artist
- Georgie Sharp Textile Artist
- Rita Pozwanksi Textile Artist