22-26 January 2016
Regional Arts, Festival feature, Silo Projection
Port Lincoln SA
Port Lincoln’s grain silos are hard to miss on any day but at the annual Tunarama festival 2016, brilliant moving images, sound and music turned one prominent silo stack into a giant animation screen visible all over town.
South Australia’s awarding winning projection art specialist, illuminart® created a glistening story of Port Lincoln that shone brightly over Boston Bay for four nights.
Illuminart’s lead animator and projection artist, Andy Petrusevics said it took a team of over a dozen people to put the show together and map it onto the silos which represent so much to the people of the region. See the full credits list here
This project is part of illuminart’s ‘Port to Port’ statewide project, and Port Lincoln’s Boston Bay Broadcast is the first of many digital stories scheduled to connect port towns throughout South Australia with their past, present and future through the exciting portal of projection art.
- Cindi Drennan Producer
- Andy Petrusevics Senior Animator / Director
- Jenny Silver Port Lincoln Artist, Liaison
- Karen Carr Port Lincoln Artist, Liaison
- Nick Krieg Port Lincoln Audio Artist
- Craig Laurendet Projection Mapping
- Craig Williams AV Technical Director
- Zero Animator
- Paul Sherry Production Manager (Tunarama)