Monday, 22 July 2019
illuminart on tour …coming to a Silo near you, South Australia!
A Calendar of tour dates, prepared by Social Media travellers “South Australia, Australia’s Best Kept Secret”. They kept followers up to date with our tour the whole way through!
Team illuminart are packing photons into suitcases and TRAVELLING LIGHT! … taking digital stories and projection mapping on a giant road tour as the finale of Port to Port‘s five years of cross regional collaboration around South Australia.
The tour is coming to a town near you during SALA (South Australian Living Artists Festival) 1 – 31 August 2019 (with additional events in September).
What to bring? A chair, rug, a camera and snacks!
What to wear? Warm things!
What will you see? Stunning animated stories and artwork created by collaborators around South Australia.
Places on the 2019 Travelling Light tour
- Friday 2nd August 6pm-7:30pm – Port Pirie – Silos (view from Flinders View Park)
- Saturday 3rd August 6pm-7:30pm- Minlaton – Town Hall (view from Fifth Street)
- Sunday 4th August 6pm-7:30pm – Booleroo Centre – Silos (South side, facing swimming pool)
- Monday 5th August 6pm-7:30pm – Cowell – Silos (viewing area is north side, near the Oval)
- Tuesday 6th August 6pm-7:30pm – Elliston – Silos (viewing area is inside the Elliston Caravan Park)
- Thursday 8th August 6pm-7:30pm – Ceduna – Silos (viewing area is near corner of Thevenard Road and Martin Street)
- Friday 9th August 6pm-7:30pm- Streaky Bay – Institute – Exterior facade of the Institute Building on Alfred Terrace
- Saturday 10th August 6pm-7:30pm- Whyalla- Ship – (viewing from inside the Whyalla Visitor Information Centre & Maritime Centre)
- Friday 16th August 6pm-7:30pm – Wallaroo – Silos (from the Wharf side)
- Saturday 17th August 6pm-7:30pm – Quorn – Silos (from park area next to Pichi Richi Train Station)
- Sunday 18th August 6pm-7:30pm – Port Augusta – Yarta Purtli facade, Gladstone Square
- Monday 19th August 6pm-7:30pm – Wilmington – Side of town hall – (view from Angas Terrace, Wilmington)
- Thursday 22nd August 6pm-7:30pm – Beachport – (exterior, Old Wool and Grain Store Museum)
- Friday 23rd August 6pm-7:30pm – Mount Gambier – Railways Park (view from inside Mount Gambier Railway Lands, viewing the Fuel tanks located between Wehl Street and Elisabeth Street)
- Sunday 25th August 6pm-7:30pm – Goolwa – Wharf – (view from parking area near the Spirit Australia Cruise Centre)
- Wednesday 28th August 6pm-7:30pm – Cape Jervis Lighthouse – (view from Flinders Drive, close to base of the lighthouse east face)
- Friday 30th August 6:30pm-9pm – City of Onkaparinga – Aldinga Uniting Church – (view from the church grounds, old coach road)
- 29th September Sunset til 9pm – Port Adelaide – The Falie Ketch – Mclaren Wharf
This project is part of illuminart’s ‘Port to Port’ statewide program, creating digital stories to connect port towns throughout South Australia with their past, present and future through the exciting portal of projection art. It has been made possible with the support of the Australia Council for the Arts.
We also acknowledge our partners and sponsors Flinders Ports, District Council of Streaky Bay, City of Onkaparinga and many regional towns and businesses (Thank you!).