Are you interested in the artform of projection art (aka projection mapping, architectural projection, etc) and want to wrap your head around what’s involved in creating it? Join Cindi Drennan (director of illuminart) at this upcoming workshop to develop knowledge in the artform, methods & professional practice. The event will be held during VIVID 2015, and will condense the creative, technical, design and business considerations into a jam packed weekend workshop to assist curators, event managers, artists and designers get the full story behind this artform.
The workshop is designed to be informative about procedures, methods and design issues, and while it will not include hands on experience in software, Cindi will be providing examples of the most common methods of producing projection mapped projects and explaining what you need to know to develop projects solo or in collaboration with others.
Day 1 – Understanding the Artform / Basic Principles
- Projection Art vs Moving Image vs Video Art
- The projection art glossary
- The projection art multi-disciplinary team
- Examples of good and bad projections art (how, where and why)
- Principles of the mapping process
- Principles of lighting and image design
- Projection art workflow
Day Two – Appreciating the Artform / Advanced Principles
- Architectural projection
- Projection sculpture
- Theatre/performance projection
- Interactive projection
- animation and production workflow
- Reaching beyond the spectacle
Places are limited; however there is a waiting list if you miss out and the program will be run again in SA and NSW later this year.
This workshop is part of dLux media arts PAWS (Professional Artist Workshop Series).